To provide an intensive, dynamic leadership program that challenges, educates, and develops a diverse, select group of emerging leaders in Southern Wayne County.
To prepare participants to lead with a vision, to affect a positive change in the community on a long-term basis, to interpret complex social and economic issues, and to establish a network of community leaders.
Benefits to Participants:
- Increased awareness of important issues facing your community
- Ideas for shaping the future of your community
- Complementary Admission to all Chamber functions
Benefits to Organizations:
- Improved leadership skills
- Improved ability to interact with other employees (teamwork)
- Improved self-confidence resulting in more willingness to assume responsibility
- Positively represent organization in the community
Issues to be Explored:
- Quality of Life
- Economic Development Community Education
A small group of individuals annually will participate in the program. They will represent a cross section of the community, including, but not limited to, business, government, education, civic groups, health service, and community organizations.
Potential participants must demonstrate the following criteria:
- Commitment and motivation to serve the Southern Wayne County area
- Interest in seeking major volunteer and/or appointed leadership roles
- Ability to set and attain personal goals resulting in achievement in his/her field
- Experience and record of achievement in community activities which indicate potential leadership
- Potential to shape policy and exert influence on critical issues facing the community
- Availability of time to participate in Leadership 21 activities
A one-day orientation retreat is scheduled for Saturday, January 11, 2014, followed by one or two sessions a month. A graduation banquet will be hosted in June.
- Candidates are selected on their own merits from written applications submitted to the Leadership 21 Executive Committee.
- Applications must be received by the committee by December 13, 2016.
- Applicants will be notified of acceptance by December 20, 2016.
- Those not selected for this year’s program are encouraged to apply again next year.
Participants must have the full commitment of their respective corporations or organizations. Attendance is expected at all sessions.
2015 Meeting Dates:
January 11 – Orientation
January 27 – Economic Development
February 12 – Healthcare
March 11 – Education
April 28 – Government
May 15 – Leadership
June 13 – Quality of Life
June TBD – Graduation
Tuition: $995 per person.
Southern Wayne County Regional Chamber. For more information call 734.284.6000, ext. 29 or email firstname.lastname@example.org