The Southern Wayne County Regional Chamber is proud to host a dynamic, and premier leadership program, training and developing our next generation of small business and community leaders in the Downriver region! We are thrilled to announce that we are accepting applications for the 2017 – 2018 program, to begin in October, 2017. Candidates will be selected by a committee, and will be notified this summer!
You can find the class application here
And the class informational pamphlet here
Application deadline is Thursday, August 24, 2017
Submit your completed application to the SWCRC, Attn: Rich Lindow
20904 Northline Rd., Taylor, MI 48180 or via email at Rich@swcrc.com
Questions? Call Rich at 734-284-6000 x 25 today!
Thank you to our Leadership Sponsor
Thank you to our Community Pillar Sponsors!
To provide an intensive, dynamic leadership program that challenges, educates, and develops a diverse, select group of emerging small business, and organizational leaders in Southern Wayne County.
To prepare participants to lead with a vision, to affect a positive change in the community on a long-term basis, to interpret complex social and economic issues, and to establish a network of community leaders.
Benefits to Participants:
- Increased awareness of important issues facing your community
- Ideas for shaping the future of your community
- Complimentary Admission to Chamber networking events
Benefits to Organizations:
- Improved leadership skills
- Improved ability to interact with other employees (teamwork)
- Improved self-confidence resulting in more willingness to assume responsibility
- Positively represent organization in the community
Issues to be Explored:
- Private sector
- Non-profit sector
- Economic Development Community Education
A small group of individuals annually will participate in the program. They will represent a cross section of the community, including, but not limited to, business, government, education, civic groups, health service, and community organizations.
Potential participants must demonstrate the following criteria:
- Commitment and motivation to serve the Southern Wayne County area
- Interest in seeking major volunteer and/or appointed leadership roles
- Ability to set and attain personal goals resulting in achievement in his/her field
- Experience and record of achievement in community activities which indicate potential leadership
- Potential to shape policy and exert influence on critical issues facing the community
- Availability of time to participate in Leadership 21 activities
A one-day orientation retreat is scheduled for October, 2017, followed by one session a month. A graduation banquet will be hosted in February or March, 2018.
- Candidates are selected on their own merits from written applications submitted to the Leadership 21 Executive Committee.
- Applications must be received by the committee by August 24, 2017
- Applicants will be notified of acceptance by September, 2017
- Those not selected for this year’s program are encouraged to apply again next year.
Participants must have the full commitment of their respective corporations or organizations. Attendance is expected at all sessions.
2017-2018 Meeting Dates (Subject to Change):
October, 2017 – Orientation
November, 2017 – Non-Profit Sector
January, 2018 – Private Sector
February, 2018 – Community Relations / Government
February/March, 2018 – Graduation
Tuition: $250 per person.
Southern Wayne County Regional Chamber of Commerce. For more information call 734.284.6000, ext. 25 or email Rich@swcrc.com